Monday, November 17, 2008

Randomocity Part 42

1. Earlier this year a cat took up residence at my Grandmother's house. She soon had kittens, and then disappeared, leaving the kittens behind. Well, they're now essentially full grown cats. We called Animal Control and the Humane Society about taking them away, because we were worried that they would trip up my grandparents. Animal Control said that it would be $20 per cat to remove them, and that if they were not unique, they would likely be euthanized. I figured their would be a little more outrage about something like that. What if we did that as humans.

"Well, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, you have a normal, average baby."
"That's great."
"Not so fast, skippy, I'm the doctor here. Can your kid do tricks?"
"Well, no, he's only a couple of months..."
"Well, you might want to teach him to tap dance or something, otherwise we'll have to put him down. We can't have normal kids, Mr. Johnson, we need them unique."

2. NASCAR is over. Big whoop.

3. The run-off election for the Georgia Senatorial seat should, I think, be decided in a steel-cage death match. More people would watch, and we wouldn't have to worry about voting. It would be Darwinian politics.

4. Why is the stock market still going down? I thought Barack Obama was going to fix all our problems.

5. Formula 1, as Robert put it over at Skewed, has made some rather drastic changes to the Aero package for the 2009 season. You can see them below. I know we both used the BMW Sauber pictures. I'm not trying to copy him or anything, but these are just the most readily available picture online.

The change is almost overwhelming, and this coming from someone who has only been a fan of the sport for the last half of last season. Granted, I became a fanatic rather quickly, so much so that when Robert called me to say that they had changed the Areo Package, I was immediately curious. And then, upon seeing the pictures, I found myself in a state of indecision. I'll have to see them in action before I make a decision on them. As a point of clarification, on the left is the 2009 Aero Package, the 2008 set up is on the right.

(By the way, if you go to the Formula 1 website, there's a good picture of a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes with the slick tyres. Beautiful picture.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's take this one item at a time.

3. Completely agree. I'd like to see them pick one melee weapon, then lock them in a cage and let them have at it. It would sort that mess out in Minnesota in a big hurry.

5. Well done on the F1, as always.

Saved the best for last.

4. *deep breath* HE'S NOT PRESIDENT YET!!! Here's an idea, why don't we wait until he's actually sworn into office and given some legal authority. Just a thought. Just a happy thought...

Blake Duncan said...

You're not going to let me have any fun at Obama's expense for the next 4 to 8 years, are you?