Thursday, May 22, 2008

Behind Door #1... A New Car!!!

Graduating college is one of those moments where you know everything after it is going to be different. I know, I know, that sounds horribly cliché, but receiving that diploma casts a new light on everything you do. And there are certain things a college grad is "supposed" to do.
-Get a job
-Buy a car
-Buy a house
-get married
-yada yada yada

Well, I've already got a job, or at least one that pays enough until I find a real job and go back for my Master's Degree. So I immediately went for item #2.

That's right, I bought a car.

I made the decision a while back that I would be getting a new car, but at the time I was thinking a car that was "new" to me, not necessarily a car fresh off the lot. Turns out, payments are not that different between a used vehicle and a new one, plus the new one carries the added incentive of warranty.

So I started looking, and thinking about what car I wanted. I needed something fuel efficient, especially in a year or so when I hopefully start back to North Georgia for my Masters. So big trucks were out... in fact, all trucks were out. This would require a car. I knew I did not want a Ford. Don't ask me how I knew, it was just knowledge I had. Ford was out.

I knew that Chevy was a good brand. Hey, my truck was a 1996 S-10, so I know they're good. I went to the lot, and within moments had found the car I was looking for. A 2008 Chevy Cobalt, slate metallic finish, gray interior. It's a 4-cylinder that's rate 24-26mpg city and 31-33 mpg highway, so that works very well for me.

I love this car. You guys have to see it sometime.

No comments: