Friday, November 23, 2007

Post Turkey Day Exertion

I'm at work, or more precisely sitting here at my desk waiting for one person to show up so that I can shut down the shop and go back home. I just got off the phone with Robert, and I learned that Skewed View is pulling the plug on their Facebook connection.

I also learned that Grubbs had to go in to work at roughly 3 am today. Which brings me to Black Friday. This is the evil day when everyone wants to go shopping for some ungodly reason. No one stays home, save the sane people of the world. I had to work today, because people want to move and they need rental trucks to do so.

But the thought process behind Black Friday is bothersome to me. Studies would probably show that more people suffer anger issues, heart problems, increases in blood pressure, and quite possibly crimes of passion (in the loose sense of the word passion) on this particular day. You just know that somewhere, someone is fighting someone else over the last Tickle-me Elmo doll in Toys-R-Us.

This post Thanksgiving day of rage doesn't exactly bring out the best in humanity. Thankfully, fot those among us with the slightest touch of sanity, the fact that we can go home, eat some leftovers, sit down in a nice plushy recliner and watch some college football later... well, that comes real close to Heaven on Earth.

New Topics for the Right Wing:

1. Dr. Who. I never watched this show before a couple of weeks ago. I can now say that it is the most amazing thing I've seen in years.

2. Crazy Football. That's all you can say. When Kansas and Missouri both have a decent chance at playing for the national championship... yeah, words don't even describe.

3. Standing up to Darth Jespersen. I made a comment in class the other day about an even in Japan, and I said "We all could've went." Jespersen, in front of the class, calls me out and says "Shouldn't it be 'we all could've gone'?" I replied, "Well, I was using the dialectical speech, something I assumed you as a writer would be familiar with." To which he said, "Well, you got me there."

4. Sterilization to save humanity. An "eco-warrior" has sterilized herself, because she claims that "Having children is selfish. It's all about maintaining your genetic line at the expense of the planet." Just when you thought the global warming nuts couldn't go any further, they now say that having babies is selfish.

Next year should be fun... wait, we've still got a month to go on this year. Fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got to be honest with you Blake. Your standing up to Jespersen is quite possibly the most gutsy thing I've ever seen you do. Well played sir, really, well played.