Sunday, December 10, 2006

Remember Me?

Hi there. I'm Blake, your friendly resident blogger here at the Right Wing. As you can tell from some of the recent posts here, life has been rather hectic for the last few weeks. Well, I've muscled my way past the lack of sleep and the hours of writing that went in to completing Fall 2006 as a semester, and I've moved on.

Now, the college student enters a period of total fear known as the "grades are gonna be posted when?" phase. Every student sits on the edge of the seat,or in my case, flat on his back in bed, waiting for the collective professorship of North Georgia College and state University to post final grades. Thankfully I already know one of them. I dropped by to wish one of my professors a merry Christmas (that's right, ACLU, I still say Christmas and so does my calendar), and he proceeded to tell me that grades were in. After a few nail-biting seconds he says, "Let's see, you squeaked by on the final with a 94 and you finished with an 88 in the class." I was, to say the least, thrilled. I called everyone I knew and bragged for a minute. Before you say anything, you make a 94 on a Middle Eastern History exam, then we'll talk.

So now come the long, cold, bleak hours before the webpage is updated to include final grades. I'm hoping that I did well. I see no reason to panic, as every final went off without a hitch. The only thing I have to fear is the African-American literature final. I'm convinced that I could write the equivalent of "Lord of the Rings" and this woman would give me a C. Anyway, her final was Saturday, that's right, kids, a Saturday final, so I lost an entire day of work because of it. But, I knocked it out of the park.

So, here we are again. We wait. And wait and wait and wait. This is the time of year when professors torment students by continually holding out. Thankfully, this crazy ride ends soon. The train is pulling up to the platform, all that's left is for george carlin to punch our tickets so we can leave.

RELATED NOTES:
Saturday night I went to the Thrashers-Penguins game. My uncle was given three tickets and a parking pass, so he took me and my dad. We parked in the owners/players lot, two spaces down from Don Waddell. Our seats were a mere hundred or so feet from the car (for those of you nt in the know, that's close, very close). I meet Jeff Odgers near our suite, and watched a sloppy game featuring some of the best young talent in the league. Atlanta has Ilya Kovalchuk, Kari Lehtonen, and Marian Hossa. Pittsburgh has Sidney Crosby, Jordan Staal, and Evgeni Malkin. If you are ever blessed with the opportunity to watch Malkin, take it. The kid is a beast. By the way, the Pens won 4-3 in overtime. Rennie, Grubbs, Davis and I will be hitting the ATL Wednesday night to watch the Thrash take on Anaheim in what is sure to be a great game.

PREDICTION TIME
Everyone knows I'm fairly good at predictions. I said that Troy Smith would win the Heisman (okay, that's a no-brainer), so we'll go back a bit. Last summer I said that the final score to the final game of the NBA finals would be Miami 97-92 over Dallas. The final score was 95-92 Miami. I don't even watch basketball.

So here are the BCS bowl games, final score predictions:
Orange Bowl:
Louisville 35, Wake Forest 14
Sugar Bowl:
LSU 28, Notre Dame 10
Fiesta Bowl:
Oklahoma 31, Boise State 28
Rose Bowl:
Michigan 38, USC 31
BCS National Championship Game:
Ohio State 24, Florida 18
(I said at the end of the Rose Bowl last year that Ohio State would be national champs this season and I'm sticking with it.)

Well, there you go kids, enjoy. I'll be back a bit more regularly now that the semester has ended. And glory to God I'l be back to normal instead of manic depressive. G'night, Gracie.

No comments: