Saturday, October 14, 2006

From the Mind of Sanjay...



We start this week with the eerie similarity between Barney Rubble's hair and the new Buffalo Sabres logo. Actually, this is pretty much all we're going to discuss. Honestly, folks, I don't know if the new Sabres' logo is a buffalo, a banana slug or Barney Rubble's lost hairpiece. If you'll forgive the horrible photoshop job above, you'll see what I mean. When I created that, I couldn't tell the difference.

All horrible photoshopping aside, I've been called in from the 'pen to fill in for Blake this week, and I'm gonna make the most of it.

Let's start with the fact that I've been listening to Blake complain since Thursday about how he had to teach his African American literature class the similarities and differences between a Shakespearian and Petrarchian sonnet. Why African American lit would study Shakespeare and Petrarch is beyone me, seeing as there was no American when either man lived, and certainly no African-Americans. But I digress.

We've been talking for days lately about hockey, and by we I mean myself and Blake, who usually talks to Carl while Robert stands glassy eyed listening to the stream of French-Canadian and Russian/Eastern European names and unfamiliar terms. I personally am an unabashed Red Wings fan, but Blake supports the Thrashers, which is his right.

Another thing happening this week is the continued frazzling of Blake, Carl, and Robert under the stress of seniorhood. Preliminary polls show Blake coming out least stressed, withe Grubbs and Rennie shaking their heads in the background. I think they'll be okay, but I am starting a pool on who has a mental breakdown first. (Any takers for Robert in the second week of November?)

And that's it. Not much, I know, but I'm tired.

No comments: