Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Still Torn, only Less Cutting Required

Okay, so I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. Greenwood today. I've been dealing with knee problems for nearly a month now, and I had an MRI last week.

I got good news today. My meniscus isn't torn. It isn't even the problem. The injury I sustained shows the same symptoms as a torn meniscus, but is actually a torn and partially dislocated patella tendon. For those of you at home, the patella tendon connects the kneecap to the quadricep muscle, the front part of your thigh.

Now, I may have to have surgery later, that's still not out of the question. But for now I begin a 4 to 16 week physical therapy stint during which I'll likely be grumpy and rather mean-spirited, but also far more tired than usual.

Enjoy me for the next 1 to 4 months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So from bad to slightly less awful. I'm glad to hear it's not as bad man. Here's to a quick recovery. Feel better soon friend.