Monday, August 04, 2008

My New-Found Sport

Hi. My name is Blake. And I think I'm becoming an addict.

Okay, so enough of the overly-dramatic. I've found something new. Something that has always been there, and that one of my fellow bloggers has extolled as the paragon of motorsport for years. I tried once to watch this spectacle, and I was left with a deep desire for sleep.

I was bored.

Then, something changed. I sat down two weeks ago to watch some television one Sunday afternoon, and I stopped on Fox, where they were showing the Formula 1 race from Hockenheim. And I was hooked. Reeled in like a fish who is still trying to figure out why that worm had a hook in it in the first place.

Then, last Sunday, I woke up about 8am, and remembered that the F1 race from Budapest (Hungaroring) was going to be shown live. I watched as long as I could, and then had to leave for church. I knew, thankfully, that the race would be replayed later that day.

So after church I call up Robert (he of the previous extolling I mentioned) and asked him about the race. He had yet to see any of it. Somehow, in the crazy, upside down world we live in, I had gained a step on Mr. F1 himself.

I'm going to try not to wax poetic about the races, but if you get a chance, watch. For you NASCAR people out there, you think a pit stop is big stuff on an oval track, watch these guys work.

Lewis Hamilton all the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still stunned mate, I really am. That said, I'm thrilled that you've "seen the light," as it were.

I keep my religious views to myself - but I am always happy to convert another fan to the church of F1.

...now if you'll turn with me to the Second Book of Schumacher ;)