Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sanjay Strikes Back at the Fredster

Well, gang, I’m back. I’m not too proud to admit that I suffered a mild psychotic episode after American Idol selected Sanjaya over me, even if it was a simple clerical error. I went off the deep end just a bit. On top of that was the incident where Blake locked me in the broom closet because he thought I was trying to take over. I explained everything to Blake, and he finally let me out… two weeks later.

So here I sit, back for my first post in many months. I was going to explain my absence in further detail. I was even going to answer some reader mail in this post.

But wouldn’t you know it, Fred over at Skewed as decided to rip everyone a new one in a rather scathing post. Now we here at the Right Wing have long believed that Fred is actually Rennie, or, even more shockingly, Rennie is actually Fred, and quite possibly Akbar is the burro. Fred seems to have a lot of insight that only Rennie would have. But we’ll continue to assume that Fred is real.

Fred has decided that the Right Wing is too political. Apparently the name didn’t tip him off. We talk about politics, we’re too political. We talk about sports, we do too much with sports. The answer here is simple. Fred doesn’t want competition. Face it, Fred. Ever since Blake started The Right Wing you’ve had to work harder to maintain your readership. In typical Democrat form (see, I’m being political again), Fred doesn’t want competition in the marketplace.

One thing that Fred was right about, which is a miracle in itself, is that Rennie and Grubbs are too depressing. He left Blake out of that conversation, which is good, because Blake has been fairly happy lately. He hasn’t been depressed over his job, or his lack of social mobility in a mountain town. And he thankfully has avoided the “Fred-trap,” where a person writes mindless drivel about people they’ve never met.

We have to remember though, that Fred is willing to flash Ronald McDonald. Imagine, if Fred will do that to a kid’s hero, what would he do to the kid? Fred, you’re the reason I’m glad I have guns in my house. So Fred, the next time you feel the urge to write something on Rennie’s blog, make sure Rennie knows about it. I think his new policy involves a spot right behind the ear and not feeling a thing.

No comments: