Saturday, April 21, 2007

Tjmohsl Bedguhtu

I'll let you figure out the title. (Hint: it's a word game.) So a game: first one to tell me what the title means wins... uh... well, they get a free lesson from Rennie on how to do that triple-half-nelson, egg-beating exercise thing...


1. The Thrashers season is over. I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. We made the playoffs, but we got swept by the rangers. I'm okay with that. Now comes the fun of the off-season. What moves will Don Waddell make in order to keep this team on the rise? What would I like to see? Simple, Daniel Briere in a Thrashers sweater. I know it won't be easy to pull off, but there's always hope.


2. Prediction time.

Stanley Cup Finals: Anaheim over Buffalo in seven games.

NBA Finals: Phoenix over Chicago in six games.


3. Staying with sports for a moment, the Atlanta Braves continue their amazing start. They lead the division and currently have an 11-5 record, one of the best in the league. The amazing thing to me is that ESPN, in the MLB power rankings, continues to say that the Mets are better. So far, head to head, Atlanta has beaten the Mets three out of four games. Go figure...

4. Sanjay has been in a foul mood lately. He tried out for the last American Idol, and he thinks he actually would have made the show, but because of a filing error, the show allowed Sanjaya in and kept Sanjay out. Now Sanjay is very unhappy about the whole ordeal.
5. A note to all the rednecks out there who like to go muddin'. If you feel the need to drive your truck through a mudhole to feel more like a man, then at least have the common decency to wipe off your lights and mirrors when you finish, especially those lights on the back end of your vehicle, I hear they come in quite handy when stopping or making a turn.
6. Democrat Senate Majority leader Harry Reid (NV) made the most promising statement to come out of Washington in years. Reid found some facetime on the airwaves and stated, matter-of-factly, that the Iraq war was 'lost.' I'm sure, Mr. Reid, that our troops are very appreciative of your statement. I'm waiting on Reid and Kerry to team up with the Dixie chicks and make an album. The music videos could star Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, and Charlie Sheen.
I don't mind people having an opinion, in fact, that's what makes this country so great. It's when people complain that a man the graduate from Harvard is stupid that it begins to grate me. I'm not exactly the big W support lately, but I still think it's better we had him in office than either Kerry or Gore.
7. Last but definitely not least: Say a prayer for the VaTech families.

No comments: